SB 12252 - Parental Rights in Public Education
a. The operative term is to "reasonably accommodate" as it is defined in the law.
b. Some of the rights include:
* Annual notification of parents regarding their rights
* Right to have a student retained
* Initial request for a teacher or the change of a teacher
* Opportunity to visit and observe any classroom of their child
Right to excuse their child for a family event without academic consequences.
* Right to earn course credit without course completion through testing or demonstration of competency
* Right to meet with a teacher if the parent is unable to attend a conference
* Right to be notified and respond to any disciplinary situation their child is involved in.